VU Amsterdam is looking for students to run their student blog!
VU Amsterdam is looking for students to run their student blog! Are you looking for a way to show your talents to the world, share your experience of being a student at VU Amsterdam and get to know new people all at the same time? Then keep reading:
The VU International Office is looking for motivated & enthusiastic students that can run our VU student blog together and create a digital space where the world can find out what it’s really like to be a student in Amsterdam. We aim to start with this new team from mid-January.
The current blog ‘study in Amsterdam’ needs a rebuild and hopefully you will be part of the team to do this.
What are we looking for?
– 3 writers;
– 1 photographer; and
– 1 videographer (vlogger).
One of the above people will also be appointed as the Head Editor.
Do note, you can also combine skills, some writers can take a good shot and vice versa. The positions will be filled with a flexible approach.
We aim for 4 articles including 1 vlog per month. As the work is divided amongst 5 people, you should not have to spend more than 5 hours a month on this.
What’s in it for you?
Although this doesn’t concern paid positions, there’s a lot for you to gain from this experience:
– You’ll have a platform (VU Social Media, Advalvas Magazine, etc.) with a reach of thousands of people that will see your work;
– Get guidance and learn from a professional editorial team;
– The experience will obviously be an interesting addition to your CV;
– This will be a great network / social experience;
– We will supply you with an official certificate after having completed your time with us and we can serve as a reference for future job / study applications.
The application assignments
If you want to be part of our team then please pick one of the following assignments, or mix ‘n match:
1. Writer’s assignment:
Write around 400-500 words about an ‘odd’ experience or ‘strange encounter’ you’ve had during your studies here in Amsterdam.
2. Vlogger’s assignment:
Go on to the streets and get non-Dutch speakers to pronounce the name ‘Vrije Universiteit’. The video should be more or less 1 minute in length.
3. Photographer’s assignment:
Send in up to 5 images that you’ve shot of your favourite place(s) on campus.
4. Additional assignment for ALL:
As you can see we already have an existing blog https://studyinamsterdam.wordpress.com/. Please write down 3 ideas on how you would improve this blog.
In our selection we look for the most original, well written, well edited visual and/or written stories.
There’s a few rules we need to point out
– The contest is intended for VU University students only, with a valid registration for academic year 2016/2017; any VU student is welcome although we do want students to have an international background / experience (exchange, semester in Amsterdam, Bachelor, etc. etc. )
– All footage needs to be recorded, edited and collected by yourself;
– You have until January 15th 2017 to submit your work to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Given the size of your files, please make sure to use WeTransfer to send us your masterpieces;
– We do not accept video material that is in any way inappropriate, discriminatory and/or offensive;
– Your videos will be evaluated by a recruitment team consisting of 1 student and 2 VU staff members.
– By submitting your video / written work / photo’s you are agreeing to the possibility of your material being used for promotional activities organized by VU University, our social media channels such as Facebook and YouTube and presentations on studying abroad.
Ready? Set? Go!