Queen’s Day attracts visitors from all over the Netherlands and the globe to Amsterdam.
For many the countdown has begun. Only two days left until the Dutch will celebrate their National Holiday called Koninginnedag or Queen’s Day. Amsterdam attracts visitors from all over the Netherlands and the globe this day. And if you are here you should join us and feel the amazing atmosphere. There is live music and street markets all around the city. It is one big open-air festival and you will definitely enjoy this biggest street party of the year. People will sell their second-hand things on the streets and parks of Amsterdam. They are creating one of the world’s largest flea markets. At the same time the city of Amsterdam and the rest of the Netherlands will turn orange. Even the boats have been decorated orange and pack the narrow canals of Amsterdam. It is truly an event not to be missed and surely an event you will never forget. And don’t forget to wear something orange yourself as well!
Want to learn more about the history of Queen’s Day? All about Queen’s Days in Amsterdam – I amsterdam
- Celebrate Koninginnedag in Amsterdam (hotelclub.com)
- The most photogenic festivals in the world, Queen’s day on nr 16 (pixiq.com)
- Queen’s day 2012 (koninginnedagamsterdam.nl)
- What are you doing on Queen’s Day? (Facebook.com/iamsterdam)
- Useful tips for Queensday (amsterdam.info)